December 12, 2010

First portion of Christmas Candy done


 

After ½ days soaking of the walnuts & raisins in cognac and cranberries in Cointreau, I blended these fillings prior to mixing it with the marzipan. I was a bit surprised about the ration between filling and marzipan, 200 g walnuts & raisins to be mixed with 150 g marzipan. I normally use more marzipan and less filling, so it will interesting to taste. The marzipan mix was also much more moist than usual for my Christmas Candy.


Afterwards I rolled the mixed marzipan into smaller balls, which I when coated with 70% dark chocolate. I used the microwave for melting the chocolate in one of my many Tupperware plastic things.

It did actual take quiet some time for the chocolate to dry, close to 2 hours !!!! Perhaps due, that the marzipan was so moist.





Now I just have to be patient until Christmas before tasting these Valnødkugler & Tranebærkugler



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...