March 30, 2011

Dinner at Toscanini, Helsinki

I enjoy to eat at Toscanini, when I am on business trips to Helsinki. This restaurant is located at the hotel (KlausK), where I usual stay, so it is very easy just to go down and eat there. However, many locals are eating in the restaurant as well. So it is recommended to book a table, even on a "normal" working day !!!

I started with a glass of sparkling wine as usual, as I have to live up to my reputation of being a champagne girl :-)) As starter I had a lovely salad of various salad leafs, pine kernels, apple vinaigrette and Parmesan cheese. I could have used some more pine kernels in the salad. Very refreshing and light as a starter.

My main course was a risotto with tiger prawns, lobster butter and tomato. It had a very rich taste and smell of lobster, uuhmmm :-) I would have liked to have been served some freshly grated Parmesan cheese on top of the risotto !!




As dessert I have tiramisu (another usual dessert, when I am eating Italian style). It was freshly make, very creamy, perfect portion size and very dominating coffee taste. To dominating in my opinion, as I am a tea lover, and do not drink coffee at all.

All in all an nice meal and very good service.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...