June 02, 2011

Eating at Aurora, Radisson Blu Turku May 2011


Monday evenings are sometime a tricky evening to find open restaurants. I was on a business trip to Finland Monday-Tuesday this week, where we had no luck finding a restaurant Monday evening in Turku (Åbo), so we ended up eating at the hotel.

The restaurant had a spring menu with focus on asparagus, which really looked great on paper, so I had high expectations, to high expectations it turned out.

I decided to have green and white asparagus with hollandaise sauce as starter. The asparagus was to to the soft in my opinion and the rocket salad could have been more fresh. It was a nice details using pine kernel for this starter.
As main course I had a white fish (do not recall the exact name) served together with asparagus, potatoes and morel sauce. The main course was OK, but no perfect.

As dessert I had vanilla ice cream served together with rhubarb and strawberries. The rhubarb had been boiled, but the slices were to big to eat, when you only had a spoon for eating this dessert.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...