June 10, 2011

New tea for my tea cup 9 - "home-mixed" lavender tea


A few years ago I was served an Earl Grey tea with lavender in connection with a brunch. And I just fell in love with this flavour combination with this flowery note.

But can you buy this specific tea combination any where in Vejle and the surrounding Denmark ? NO

I have asked in many tea shops, so after a while I gave up and decided to make my own version of Earl Grey tea with lavender.

So you buy the Earl Grey tea at your "normal tea pusher" and when you buy dried lavender at a health shop selling food and herbs.

My preferred flower flavour level is: mix 100 g Earl Grey tea with 3½ tablespoon dried lavender. Leave it to infuse for minimum 24 hours, before you make your new cup of tea.

Test your preferred level of lavender and Earl Grey starting with 1 or 2 tablespoons of lavender and actual make the tea to taste it. You can always increase the amount of lavender flowers, but it is impossible to reduce the level after mixing everything together !!!!

Flower power tea for the girls :-))

UPDATE 25 September 2014:
This lavender tea is also be my contribution for the monthly blogging challenge Tea Time Treats, which is hosted by Karen from Lavender and Lovage and Janie from The Hedge Combers. As theme for September, Janie was selected Mediterranean food. Lavender fits in my opinion perfect into this theme

4 comments:

  1. I've never tried that combination before but I love my lavender tea, it comes from natural tiny lavender flowers, if you come to Mexico any time let me know so you can taste this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alejandro,

      thank you for your comment. What is the brand name of this lavender tea, which you are drinking in Mexico ? I have a collegua, which from time to time travels to Mexico, so he could buy a pack of this specific tea for me.

      Many tea greetings - Kiki

      Delete
  2. Interesting, and having never tried Lavender tea I must give it a go - thanks for sharing with Tea Time Treats!
    Janie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jane, you either become addicted to the lavender tea or you will dislike it entirely. I hope you become a fan :-)

      Kirsten

      Delete

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...