January 22, 2013

Stone Age Bread


I have found this recipe on Stone Age Bread on a Danish blog called "Maden i mit liv", as I found the composition very interesting being a bread made without neither yeast or flour, I decided to it out in my little kitchen. Some how the composition reminds me about bird food, so perhaps this Stone Age Bread should be re-named to "Bird Bread" for human.

This bread has a great taste and texture, which I find can be useful in many different connection. Next time, when I will be baking this bread type, I will be reducing the amount of added salt from 1 teaspoon to ½ teaspoon, as I find the taste to be too salty for my taste buds.

Stone Age Bread: - 1 bread

  • 4 eggs
  • 100 g sesame seeds
  • 100 g linseed
  • 100 g almonds - roughly chopped 
  • 150 g sunflower seeds
  • 150 g pumpkin seeds
  • 2 teaspoons salt
  • 75 g rapeseed oil
  1. Add the eggs into a mixing bowl, whip them lightly together.
  2. Add all the other ingredients into this egg mass.
  3. Stir everything well together. 
  4. Cover a rye bread form (2 l) with baking paper, and fill it up with "bread" mass.
  5. Bake the bread at 175'C (conventional oven) for 60 minutes.
  6. Let the bread rest for 10 minutes in the rye bread form.
  7. Remove the bread and let it cool down on a baking grid.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...