April 01, 2013

Baking an Easter Lamb



As Christmas gift I got this Easter lamb form of my mother at last Christmas. It is a ceramic form from Alsace, where they are used for baking Easter lamb in connection with Easter. So having this form in my kitchen I needed to find a recipe for such an Easter lamb. Luckily a good French colleague of mine, which has been helping me out before (French Christmas Cookies), was able to help me again. I decided to add some vanilla sugar into my version of Easter lamb.

So today being Easter Monday it is time to make my last Easter creation in my kitchen.

It was quiet to bake my own Easter lamb, but I needed to work further on this recipe, as the taste is relative plain. If you have some ideas as to how to twist such an Easter lamb, please feel free to leave a comment.

Easter lamb from Alsace:
  • 4 eggs
  • 2 tablespoon boiling water
  • 170 g (cake) flour
  • 170 g icing sugar - sieved
  • 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
  1. Heat up the (conventional) oven to 180'C.
  2. Divide the egg into egg yolk and egg white. Beat the egg white into a stiff foam.
  3. Whip the egg yolk, water and icing sugar together into a white and foamy mix.
  4. Afterwards whip in the baking powder, vanilla sugar and flour.
  5. Gentle stir in the egg white foam, little by little, as the cake mix is quiet firm.
  6. Brush the Easter lamb form with melted butter or oil.
  7. Fill up the Easter lamb, until it is 75% filled.
  8. Bake the Easter lamb in the lower part of the oven at 180'C for 45 minutes.
  9. Let the Easter lamb cool down, before you take it out for the form.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...