May 18, 2013

White German asparasgus with dried Spanish ham


An excellent and easy way to have a meal during spring time: white German asparagus & dried Spanish ham.

Asparagus is one of my favourite vegetable, regardless of them being green or white. Last week-end I went to Flensborg with my good girl friend from Horsens on our yearly asparagus trip to by the white asparagus, which are not so normal to find in the Danish supermarkets.

You can serve this dish either as a starter or as main course. I enjoyed this plate as my evening meal.

I am really looking forward to this evening, where I together with my good friends from Horsens will participate in an asparagus event at Madhimlens Madhus filling myself with asparagus, uuuhhmmm :-) And I will take pictures of the various dishes for you to have a look very soon.

White asparagus with dried ham:

  • white asparagus
  • dried ham
  1. Start by snapping off the lower end of the asparagus followed by peeling them from top to toe. I use a potato peeler for this.
  2. Heat water in a cooking pot to the boilling point.
  3. Add the asparagus and boil them for approx. 5 minutes.
  4. Remove the asparagus from the boilling water.
  5. Wrap dried ham around the asparagus - using one slice of ham for one stem of asparagus.
  6. Serve right away together with a glass white wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...