August 31, 2013

Lønnestræde´s Plum in spices red wine - year 2013


The plum season has started again here in Denmark, and one of my work colleagues is supplying me with some wonderful tasting small red plums with a good firm texture, which is excellent for this specific formulation. When I am arriving to work I will find a bag full of plum ready to use laying waiting for me on my work desk - I will call this extreme good service :-) So a BIG thank you to my good work colleague for these great plums :-)

Continuing with my modification on this favourite plum dessert of mine, I have again made a few changes to this recipe used Lønnestræde´s plums in spiced red wine - year 2012. Again I looked into, what my kitchen cupboards had inside them, and what I felt like putting into the red wine.

When you cook these plums you are having the most fantastic smell of gløgg in your kitchen.

Lønnestæde's Plum in spiced red wine - 2013:
  • 1000 plums - without stone
  • 500 g red wine
  • 330 g sugar
  • 4 sticks of cinnamon
  • 2 bay leafs
  • 10 cardamon
  • 6 allspice corns
  • 10 cloves
  • 10 red pepper corn
  • 10 white pepper corn
  • 1 empty vanilla pod - cut into smaller pieces
  • potassium sorbat - optional
  1. Add boiling water to the storage glass.
  2. Wash the plums and remove the stone. Cut the plum into 2 pieces.
  3. Cook up the red wine with sugar and all the different spices.
  4. Add the plums into the red wine, and let the plums cook for 5 minutes.
  5. Empty the glass for the hot water.
  6. Add the plums into the storage glass.
  7. Reduce the red wine syrup into half the amount.
  8. Fill the red wine syrup into the storage glass with the plums.
  9. Let the plums mature for minimum 2 weeks, before using them for dessert.
  10. Serve the plums together with whipped cream or ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...