December 14, 2013

Christmas Calendar 2013 Day 14 - Marzipan bread with citrus twist


I have created this flavour combination on my own. I wanted to several things, which could give a citrus twist to the usual marzipan bread, which you make for Christmas, with various alcohol additions followed by a chocolate coating.

As I really like sucat, I decided that sucat should be "colour thing" in the marzipan bread. Sucat is also used for many other Christmas foods. The other two citrus thing turned out to be limoncello and orange flower water, as the last thing is another item on my "like list" to use in my kitchen. I did my best to control myself, so I only added ½ teaspoon of the orange flower water, as the flavour can be very over whelming !!!

Marzipan bread with citrus twist:

  • 50 g sucat
  • 3 tablespoons limoncello
  • 1 teaspoon orange flower water
  • 2-3 tablespoon icing sugar
  • 200 g marzipan
  • 100-150 g dark chocolate
  1. Start by letting the sucat pieces soak in the limoncello night over in the refrigerator.
  2. Knead the limoncello soaked sucat, orange flower water, marzipan and icing sugar. I use icing sugar to absorb the surplus liquid, so the marzipan mass becomes more dry in it.
  3. Make small marzipan breads of this mass.
  4. Melt the dark chocolate, I use the micro wave oven for this purpose.
  5. Coat the marzipan breads in the melted chocolate.
  6. Place the chocolate coated marzipan bread on a sheet of baking paper, while the coating dries, and this always several hours.
  7. Store the marzipan breads in an air tight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...