January 14, 2014

Chicken tikka masala with apples


When I located this recipe on kylling tikka masala med æbler on the home-page on "Sæson for god smag", I knew at once, that I needed to make this specific dish as it involved the use of apples. I still have plenty of apples from my very family apple tree in my little park, when though I am doing my best eating an apple a day (in order to keep the doctor away). And at the same time making this dish meant, that I could make extra portions for those weekday evenings, where the cooking needs to as easy as possible.

I have made no changes to the original recipe.

Chicken tikka masala with apple a la "Sæson for god smag": - 4 servings

  • 1 red onion - chopped
  • 1 red chili - deseeded and chopped finely
  • 1 red pepper fruit - in strips
  • 3 apples - core removed and cut into boat shape
  • 500 g chicken breast - chopped into minor pieces
  • 2 tablespoon of olive oil
  • 2 cloves of garlic - finely chopped
  • 125 g tikka masala paste
  • 1 can of peeled and chopped tomatoes (400 g)
  • salt and pepper for seasoning
  • rice
  • mint leaves
  • Greek yogurt - optional
  • flat bread - optional


  1. Heat up the olive oil in a large cooking pot. Fry the onion, chili and chicken.
  2. Afterwards add in the garlic, tikka masala paste, pepper fruit and chopped tomatoes.
  3. Let everything simmer under lid for 5 minutes.
  4. Add in the apple boats and let everything simmer for another 5 minutes under lid.
  5. Season with salt and pepper.
  6. Serve the chicken tikka masala with rice, mint leave, Greek yogurt and flat bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...