February 27, 2014

Liquorice cream caramels


After I cracked the code of making cream caramels, which are not having a fluid structure (Valentine Day Cream Caramel) and I noticed how fast these caramels disappeared into mouth, I have been thinking about making liquorice cream caramels.

Therefore I have been on a small sight-seeing tour on the Internet looking at various recipes on liquorice caramels. Here I noticed, that the level of liquorice in my opinion was on the low side. I mean, as liquorice is part of the name, the taste should have liquorice character !!!! So I ended up with using a combination of sweet liquorice syrup and raw liquorice.

Based on feed-back from various tasters, I will see, if I should stick the amount or if it should increased or decreased. I can see the worried mind of my good girl friend in Horsens, as we have different threshold for, when a liquorice is in balance or too dominating.

Sleeping cat hiding below a towel
Another thing I need to consider, when making caramels in my little kitchen, is, where is the cat ? It is not a great combination to have a cat running around in the kitchen, when you are working with this very, very warm sticky caramel mass of up to 137'C. So I need to ensure, that Hannibal the Cat is occupied hunting mice on his hunting area or sound asleep upstairs.






Liquorice Cream Caramels: - 40-50 cream toffees
  • 100 g butter
  • 200 g dairy whipping cream, 35-40% fat
  • 340 g sugar
  • 120 g light sugar syrup
  • 40 g sweet liquorice syrup
  • ½ teaspoon raw liquorice powder
  • 2 tablespoons glucose syrup
  1. Add all the ingredients into a small cooking pot.
  2. Stir continues, as the caramel mass is heated up, until the temperature reach 137'C.
  3. Fill the caramel mass into small alu- or paper-form.
  4. Place the caramels cold, until they cooled down.
  5. Store in an airtight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...