March 22, 2014

"Gold ore" lunch for fellow rowers 2014



As a "thank you very much for your time" to my fellow rowers for rowing together with me during the season of 2013, so I once again managed to cross the magic figure of 1500 km required for a "Gold Ore" (actual I rowed 1501 km in 2013), I as usual decided to invite the rowers, who have spend the most time together with me in the rowing boat, for lunch today.

Actually if you estimate, that you row 6 km per hour - 1501 km equals 250 hours of rowing last season or 10 days and 10 hours spending in a rowing boat in rain or sunshine.


Bread selection for the "Gold ore" lunch
As tradition demands I as usual contacted my local "cheese pusher" (Osteriet) for make both a cheese as well as sausages selection, so I could spend yet some more "quality time" baking more of the recipes in the bread book "Hjemmebagt". I decided to bake my very first rye bread using a sour dough, a white bread called Hjertebrød and finally a non-yeasy raised bread called squash bread.

And for our "sweet tooth" I baked hindbærsnitter a la Mette Blomsterberg, which is another traditional cake among my fellow rowers.



I got some wonderful hostess gifts, which isbringing yet more Spring signs into my home. You can find some more Spring photo on Vejle by picture.

Now I am so ready for the a new rowing season, which starts next Saturday :-)

Relaxing or sleeping ?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...