July 16, 2014

Earl Grey cookies


Every since, that I have been enjoying afternoon tea at Simply Tea in Aarhus, where I was introduced to cookies with tea leafs inside, I have been wanting to bake my own Earl Grey cookies. Now I have managed to find a starting recipe on a blog called "The More than Occasional Baker". I have made no changes at all to the recipe, well I decided only to bake ½ the amount, as my food processor is relative small.

The cookies has a wonderful taste between lemon zest and Earl Grey, so it is not the last time, that I will bake these cookies. Also my colleagues were big fans of these cookies.

Earl Grey cookies a la "The More than Occasional Baker":

  • 130 g (cake) flour
  • 40 g icing sugar
  • 1 tablespoon of Earl Grey tea leafs
  • ½ organic lemon - only the zest
  • ½ teaspoon vanilla sugar
  • 125 g cold butter (with salt) - cut in smaller pieces
  • ½ teaspoon water
  1. Weight all the dry ingredients into the food processor and mix it thoroughly
  2. Add butter pieces and water into the dry ingredients, let the food processor mix, until a cookies dough is formed.
  3. Roll the cookie dough into a long roll on a piece of baking paper or cling film.
  4. Place the cookie dough cold in the refrigerator  for minimum 30 minutes or longer.
  5. Heat up the (conventional) oven to 200'C
  6. Cut the cookie dough into slices of 6-8 mm.
  7. Place the cookie slices on the baking tray covered with baking paper.
  8. Bake the cookies at 200'C in the upper part of the oven for 10-12 minutes
  9. Let the cookies cool down, before they are stored in an airtight container.
  10. Enjoy together with a nice cup of Earl Grey tea :-)

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you like these cookies.Thank you for the link back and mention. Your cookies look really good - I wish I could have some now with a cup of tea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for both your recipe sharing and comment :-) My colleagues really liked these cookies.

      Kirsten

      Delete

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...