September 20, 2014

Baked plums a la Yrsa



My good friends and colleagues, who knows me and my fascination for creating eatable things in my little kitchen, are all very good at grabbing hold of me offering me surplus fruit and vegetables from their gardens.
This time I got a sms from a rowing friend saying " are you interested in plums ? as I have plenty on my tree" - "yes, I will come by your place after work" was my reply. So I came back to my kitchen with both plums and a recipe for how to make baked plums :-) Back in my comfort zone of my kitchen I decided to twist the recipe by adding in various spices to twist the taste.

Using smaller glasses for storage means a better shelf-life, as you take 1-2 smaller glasses for later use instead of opening and closing a bigger storage glass on several occasion with the risk of growth of yeast and mould. Using smaller storage glasses also means, that you should a few of these glasses as hostess presents during the festive season.

Baked plums a la Yrsa:

  • 2500 plums with stones instead - washed
  • 1000 g sugar
  • 8 allspice - mashed
  • 8 cloves
  • 2 cinnamon sticks - mashed
  • 4 star anise
  • 1 dl rum
  1. Heat the (conventional) oven to 150'C.
  2. Prick the plums with a fork.
  3. Place plums, sugar and spices in a large baking tray. Cover the tray with silver foil.
  4. Bake the plums at 150'C for 1½-2 hours.
  5. Prepare the storage glasses by filling them with boiling water for 4-5 minutes.
  6. Stir in the rum in the baked plum mix.
  7. Fill the storage glasses with the entire mix of baked plums.
  8. Store cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...