November 29, 2014

Christmas fair at Trapholt 2014




After last years excellent impression of the Christmas fair at Trapholt, I knew that I needed to return to this Christmas fair again this year.

And like last year I was where from the very beginning, meaning I could a parking spot more or less next door to the museum. Besides from getting a good parking spot, you can also get a good look around the various arts and craft booths, before the fair area becomes over-crowed.

I start by having a good look into all booths, making up my mind, what I "could live without", and I did the second tour to the selected booths.





Arne Jacobsen´s summer house

In between I also went to guided tour into the Arne Jacobsen´s summerhouse, which it the one and only house designed by Arne Jacobsen. The summer house is filled only with all the design created by Arne Jacobsen during his entire life in form of furniture, lamps, textile and cutlery.







The entrance is free to both the fair as well as the museum, so you actually save 75 DKK, which is the normal entrance to the museum !!! The fair will also be open again tomorrow Sunday.
I will be back again next year :-)
Perhaps a lamp for my new kitchen ?

Perhaps a coming kitchen lamp ?


I did some shopping at these two booths, which were selling various ceramics.

At the booth in the picture to the left Ranum Design was selling various jugs and pitchers. Here I found a small jug, which I will use for milk, when I milk-demanding guests coming around for tea/coffee at my place.

At the booth in the photo below Rikke Elgaard was selling both cups, vases and small Christmas threes.
Milk jug and Christmas three

And a third booth with yet some ceramic by Cirkulaer Design I found another tea cup for my ceramic tea set incl a small bowl, which could be used as breakfast bowl, sugar bowl or bowl for cookies ?
Tea cup and sugar bowl

My ceramic tea set

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...