December 19, 2014

Christmas Calendar 2014 Day 19 - Christmas Scones with mincemeat


When I saw this recipe by Lavender & Lovage on Christmas mincemeat scones, I knew at once, that I need to make my own version of scones with my home-made mincemeat. However, I decided to use my usual scone recipe, as it contains plenty of butter and therefore does not become to dry even 2.3 days after baking.

As the mincemeat brings quiet some liquid, I decided to increase the level of flour, otherwise the scone dough becomes to wet.


Christmas Scones: - 12 pieces
  • 500 g cake flour
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • 1½ teaspoon baking powder
  • 50 g sugar
  • 125 g cold butter
  • 1 egg
  • 2 dl milk
  • 300 g mincemeat
  1. Whip the milk and egg together.
  2. Mix the flour, salt, baking powder and sugar together in a mixing bowl.
  3. Cut the cold butter into small pieces.
  4. Grind the butter pieces into the flour mix.
  5. Add the milk and egg without kneading it a dough.
  6. Add the mincemeat, still without kneading it into a dough.
  7. Place the dough on a pieces of baking paper.
  8. Roll the dough into a longer roll.
  9. Heat the oven (conventional) to 250'C.
  10. Cut slices of the scone dough with a size of 3 cm. 
  11. Bake the scone at 250'C for 10-15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...