December 10, 2015

Christmas Calendar 2015 - Chai Fudge


After  my success making liquorice fudge I decided to make a more spiced version using some of the sweetened condensed milk from my shopping expedition to Malmö. For the spicy taste I used vanilla chai powder from David Rio. Another option could have been to use some of the chai sugar.

As I had some surplus whipping cream standing looking at me in the refrigerator I decided to use only dairy whipping cream instead of a combination of butter and milk.

For the whipping part after the cooking I decided to team up with my very good kitchen help. You could also use a basic electrical beater or whip the fudge by hand, if you need to exercise during this calorie rich season.


UPDATE 10 December 2015:
This sugar is being forward for the monthly blogging event Tea Time Treats having the theme ofsugar and spice. Tea Time Treast is managed by Karen from Lavender and Lovage and Jane from The Hedge Combers.




Chai fudge:
  • 1 tin of 397 g sweetened condensed milk
  • 450 g sugar
  • 265 g dairy whipping cream, 35-40% fat
  • 6 tablespoons of David Rio vanilla chai powder
  1. Mix the condensed milk, sugar, cream and chai powder together in a large saucepan. Boil up this mass, while you stir regular. Cook the mass up to 115'C. 
  2. Pour the fudge mass in a whipping bowl and add in the liquorice powders. Whip the fudge mass on speed 2 for 10 minutes.
  3. Cover a baking form with baking paper.
  4. Fill the fudge mass into this form.
  5. Let the mass cool down
  6. When the fudge is firm enough, cut it into squares of 2 x 2 cm each
  7. Store the fudge in an airtight container.

2 comments:

  1. A HUGE thanks for all of your FAB entries into Tea Time Treats Kiki and a VERY Happy New Year to you too! Karen xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen,
      I wish you a happy New Year as well :-) Kirsten

      Delete

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...