September 29, 2016

Classic scones


I start the sharing of the first recipe from the Afternoon Tea course, which I participated in end of August. At first I was a little certain about the entire butter amount into these scones, however making calculation after my return home, I have seen, that the butter content is in the higher end as demanded by people working within the dairy area.

I have this recipe as inspiration for these apple walnut scones.

I used a plain eating knife to stir everything together into a homogeneous mass using the advise of one of the course participants, which I meet at the afternoon tea course.

Classic scones: -  approx 10 scones
  • 250 g (cake) flour
  • 1½ teaspoon baking powder
  • 25 g sugar
  • 50 g (salted) butter - diced into smaller pieces
  • 150 g milk
  • milk or egg for glazing
  1. Heat up the fan oven to 200'C.
  2. Add all the dry ingredients into a mixing bowl.
  3. Add the butter pieces and rub the butter into the flour mix, until it look like fine breadcrumbs,
  4. Add the milk, apple and walnuts. Combine it into a homogeneous looking mass using a eating knife.
  5. Leave it to rest for 10-15 minutes. 
  6. Press the scone dough into a height of 3-4 cm. 
  7. Use a small cutter or glass to cut out the scones, which is placed on a baking tray covered with baking paper.
  8. Glaze the scones with milk or whipped egg.
  9. Bake at 200'C for 12-15 minutes.
  10. Cold down on a baking rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...