October 21, 2016

Harvesting marigold in the garden


Yesterday late afternoon the weather permitted me to cut all my many hosta leaves, before they had started to collapse. At the same time I also cut the last heads of my marigolds along the house. So now I am drying the flower petals for later use in my kitchen in either cake or tea.

I have placed the flower heads with the head down on a tea towel, and I move around with the flower heads from time to time. The marigolds should dry, until you very easy can remove the petals from the flower core without any resistance at all. I am not drying the flower heads over heat or in the oven. And the flower heads should not be placed in sun light during the drying process.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...